How do you feel at the beginning of a new year? Are you still full of energy? Maybe your brand new enthusiasm has already vanished into thin air? I must admit that this year I haven’t had enough time to think of a dramatic and preachy article, which would be a perfect start for the beginning of frosty January – for many of you a synonym of rebirth, more popularly known as a new chapter in your lives.
Isn’t that just the height of hypocrisy? Wasn’t it me? The one, who last year, in the throes of being a Rookie in the blogging world, posted an article related to the New Year’s resolutions. That’s true … and I’m not really going to deny that fact. Unfortunately, I don’t differ much from most of you … and my short-lived enthusiasm doesn’t last longer than the one of an average Joe Blow. Do I believe that resolutions are something wrong? Well, not really. I just prefer to change them for goals, which I will pursue not only in 2019, but until the end of the world, and maybe even one day longer.
So what kind of enlightenment have I experienced after reaching my 30’s? I think that my goals are more precise, despite the fact I still don’t know what happiness really means to me. I also don’t know if I am satisfied after fulfilling my idea of happiness, maybe it will occur not to be exactly the thing I have been expecting for so long. Maybe I’ll need to redefine this notion again to match the older and more mature version of myself? Doesn’t it sound a little bit confusing? I guess so, that’s why I decided to rearrange all of my goals and I put them in different categories.
1) Passion Piece Blog:
- maximizing my work on the interviews with interesting people;
- cooperating with new people to promote my blog not only in my home backyard, but also abroad;
- providing readers with valuable texts;
- publishing my own fictional stories, but also pieces of novels written by different authors, who would like to publish their own works on the pages of my blog;
- improving the technical side of my website.
2) Professional life:
*I’ll restrict myself just to the goals related to fulfilling my passion of writing.
- working on my writing skills and improving my way of writing;
- further practicing in the field of translation;
- cooperating with newspapers and other institutions, which will allow me to fulfill myself as a ‘journalist’;
- defining myself and my skills as the ones owned by a media worker.
3) Private life:
- following my passions and finding new ones;
- meeting my friends and traveling more often;
- attending more cultural events;
- finding the right apartment, which I could call my own;
- finding a partner, maybe not ideal, but compatible with my beliefs, which I try to follow on a daily basis.
4) Beauty and fashion:
- working on my look;
- increasing my physical activity;
- further hunting in the search of unique clothes – I am really sucked into the world of second hand shops and open air markets.
5) Mental health:
- not worrying about things, which I’ve got no influence on;
- appreciating more my skills and myself as a person;
- not paying much attention to criticism, which isn’t really constructive;
- not judging others.
Will I fall apart if I don’t manage to gain everything? I don’t think so … I’m rather used to such a state of affairs. Should we really treat our failures as bad karma or maybe as lessons which we should try to learn from? I suspect that the latter approach will take you much further! I’m probably not the best example for this kind of statements … however, I can still remember skepticism of some of my friends when they got to know that I was just about to start my own blog! It has turned out, that frequently thanks to creative work, we can meet new interesting people, who don’t question our choices, but who support our work selflessly! So let’s go! Find a little bit of time to think of the matters which are truly important for you!
I’ve recently heard an interesting sentence ‘Everyone gains as much in life as he has had courage for’ … let it be my motto for 2019.
PS. I’m going to post some articles related to the above mentioned goals during the year.
See you around!